The Burns Community Center is the hub for the city’s regional travel excursions and active senior programs.
Trips range from Santa Barbara to San Juan Capistrano, such as runs to the Carlsbad Flower Fields, Newport Boat Parade, Getty Museum, the Hollywood Bowl, theater performances and more than one Presidential museum.
How it works
- Trips typically include the cost of travel AND admission in one price.
- Guests park and check in at the Burns Community Center and then leave the driving to a bus driver.
- Food and beverages often can be purchased at eateries in or nearby your destination or you can bring your own snacks to many destinations.
- The bus leaves from the Burns Community Center promptly and guests should plan to arrive-on time to check in.
- An adult must accompany children of all ages.
Upcoming trips are announced three times a year in the city’s main recreation catalog. Check the catalog for this season's trips.
With the new interactive catalog, you can browse the trips and click on the activity number to take you straight to the registration page.
Or, you can register for travel excursions directly at www.lakewoodcity.org/eCatalog.
Space is limited, so register early.
For further information, please call 562-866-9771, extension 2408 for registration questions.
For questions concerning trip details, call 562-924-0149.