1. Reservations must be made in person at the park where the desired facility is located. Shelter permit requests will be accepted at 4 p.m. for reservations two months from the current date. If multiple residents are present and requesting the same shelter and date, a lottery will be held. A Community Services Coordinator must approve all shelter reservation requests.
2. Shelter applications will not be accepted more than two months in advance and no less than 72 hours in advance.
3. Reservations shall be granted only to Lakewood residents/Lakewood groups on weekends and holidays only. Groups include churches, schools and businesses. Groups must make their request by letter on the group’s professional letterhead.
4. Permit applicants must be 21 years of age or older. Identification and proof of residency is required. A California Driver’s License or Identification, and a current utility bill or lease/rental agreement will be accepted to prove residency.
5. Shelters can be reserved for one time slot.
6. Each shelter has a maximum capacity. The total number of expected guests must not and cannot exceed the maximum capacity. The maximum capacity of the picnic shelters vary by park. NO shelter permit will be issued to a group whose total number of guests exceeds the maximum capacity of the shelter.
7. Use of facilities shall be limited to each resident/group on a once-a-month basis.