Pan American Association honors eight scholars
Published on May 10, 2022
The Lakewood Pan American Association's annual scholarship program invites high school seniors who reside in Lakewood, regardless of where they go to school, to apply for scholarships ranging from $500 to $1500 to help pay for future college or trade school costs.
This year, the Pan American Association chose to honor eight high school seniors from Lakewood whose character is of high caliber. They each have:
- Demonstrated good citizenship and respect for human values.
- Volunteered in their community and school.
- A sincere desire to complete a post high-school education.
- Excelled academically.
The 2022 scholarship recipients are:
(Pictured in photo above, from left to right)
- Samuel Reeves (Valley Christian High School)
- Isabel Rivera (Artesia High School)
- Margaret Pheifer (Valley Christian High School)
- Jackson Zylstra (Mayfair High School)
- Ryan Kiedrowski (Saint Anthony High School)
- Kelly Melvin (Richard D. Browning High School)
- Lauren Francisco (Saint Joseph High School)
- Pareeya Jiyacharoen (Mayfair High School) - not pictured
Scholarship winners served as Pan American Ambassadors during Lakewood’s week-long celebration of Pan American friendship in early May.
Congratulations and best wishes to each of them!
The Lakewood Pan American Association is a longstanding civic organization that provides diverse cultural and educational opportunities for residents of Lakewood. Since its creation, the scholarship program has awarded over $225,000 to recipients to help with their higher education costs.