Special Trash & Hazardous Waste
Free hazardous waste and ewaste dropoffs every
second and fourth Saturday of the month
- All attendees must wear a face covering and remain in their vehicles with windows closed, if possible. Please stay home if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, have been asked to quarantine, or have recently traveled internationally.
- Event staff will only remove household hazardous and electronic waste from your trunk/pick-up bed. To dispose of sharps, you will be required to exit your vehicle and dispose of them in the designated area.
Drop off your hazardous and e-waste items at EDCO for free any 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
EDCO’s large transfer facility at 2755 California Avenue (between Spring Street and Willow Street) in Signal Hill makes it easy with a drive-through drop off.
The facility is just a few miles from the Lakewood Civic Center.
Drop off items such as:
- E-waste (televisions, computers, phones, etc.)
- Light bulbs
- Household toxics like paint, insecticides, chemicals
- Used cooking and motor oil
- Expired medications and sharps
Sharps should be brought in a heavy-duty plastic household container that is leak resistant with a tight-fitting, puncture-resistant lid, such as a plastic laundry detergent container. Sharps containers should be upright and stable during use and properly labeled to warn of hazardous waste inside the container.
Along with being a free option for hazardous and e-waste, the 68,000-square-foot facility is a traditional dump transfer station and, for a fee, takes large and oversize amounts of brick, used lumber and other material that can't be put in residential trash carts, recycling carts or green waste cans. The facility can be phoned at 562-597-0608.
EDCO Signal Hill Facility
2755 California Avenue
Signal Hill, CA
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Second and fourth Saturday of each month (except November/December)