Pan Am Fiesta
In line with our nation’s and region’s continued efforts at social distancing during the coronavirus crisis, the Pan Am Fiesta has regrettably been canceled for 2020.
Lakewood city staff and the volunteers of the Lakewood Pan American Association look forward to putting on a great Pan Am Fiesta in 2021.
Pan Am Fiesta
The Pan Am Fiesta will return to Mayfair Park in its traditional Mother’s Day weekend format in 2021.
Traditional Fiesta activities include:
- Free live concerts on Friday and Saturday nights!
- On Friday evening and all day Saturday, community group-hosted food booths and food trucks will sell a variety of goodies like pizza, polish hotdogs, meatball sandwiches, burgers, international cuisine and more, as well as specialty desserts and snacks.
- A free shuttle service runs on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. every 15 minutes. Park at the Lakewood City Hall east parking lot (near Clark and Del Amo) and board the shuttle there to the Pan Am Fiesta entrance. For more information, call 562-866-9771, extension 2408.
- Over 50 arts and crafts dealers bringing their wares on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. See the application and booth policies.
- The Children’s Cultural Booth, where kids can have a free, hands-on cultural experience featuring activities and arts and crafts from across the Americas from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday.
- The flag presentation ceremony of the United States and all the countries of the Americas at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday.
The Fiesta is Lakewood’s longest-running community event, dating back to the mid-1940s. It began as a handshake between two friends and fellow Lakewood Lions Club members. Dr. Walter Montano, the former Bolivian Consul to Los Angeles, and Jesse Solter, a local schoolteacher, agreed to begin a program to foster good relations with Lakewood’s Latin American neighbors--pictured riding in a parade.
Today, Lakewood's Pan Am Fiesta is the nation's only community-wide celebration of Pan American culture. And it's a great way for Lakewood residents to take part in one of the city's cherished traditions.