Pan Am Fiesta
The Pan Am Fiesta returns to Mayfair Park from Thursday, May 7 to Sunday, May 10.
• Live music on Friday and Saturday nights! The Susie Hansen Latin Band will perform on Friday, May 8 from 7 to 9 p.m. On Saturday evening, May 9, Suave the Band plays from 4:30 to 6 p.m., and Knyght Ryder will take the stage at 7 p.m. to close out the night.
• Bring your blankets, lowback chairs and enjoy the free concerts. Bring a picnic or enjoy the expanded variety of food for sale this year. There will be additional live music throughout the day on Saturday.
• On Friday evening and all day Saturday, community group-hosted food booths and food trucks will sell a variety of goodies like pizza, polish hotdogs, meatball sandwiches, burgers, international cuisine and more, as well as specialty desserts and snacks.
• A free shuttle service runs on Saturday, May 9 from 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. every 15 minutes. Park at the Lakewood City Hall east parking lot (near Clark and Del Amo) and board the shuttle there to the Pan Am Fiesta entrance. For more information, call 562-866-9771, extension 2408.
Traditional Fiesta activities continuing this year include:
• Over 50 arts and crafts dealers bringing their wares on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. See the application and booth policies.
• The Children’s Cultural Booth, where kids can have a free, hands-on cultural experience featuring activities and arts and crafts from across the Americas from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday.
• The flag presentation ceremony of the United States and all the countries of the Americas at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Discount tickets on sale at Lakewood City Hall starting April 27 and at Mayfair Park starting May 7 through Friday, May 8 at 5 p.m. (until 4 p.m. at City Hall).
• 10 tickets for $30 (one ticket good for one ride on Friday, Saturday or Sunday)
• Promotional wristband for $30 – unlimited rides on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Event Day Prices
• Thursday - $2 rides
• Fri/Sat/Sun – Tickets are $1.50 each, $25 for 20 tickets, or $45 for 50 tickets
(With these tickets, the number of tickets required for each ride will vary.)
• Promotional Wristband for $35 – unlimited rides on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Summary of festival hours May 7-10 at Mayfair Park, 5720 Clark Ave
• Thursday, 5 to 9 p.m. – Discounted $2 carnival rides, plus games & concessions
• Friday, 5 to 10 p.m. – Food trucks, food booths, rides, games & concessions, live music
• Saturday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. – Food trucks, food booths, rides, games & concessions, live music
• Sunday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. – Rides, games & concessions
On Sunday, carnival rides and games are the single focus of the day. Consider treating the family to the popular Mother’s Day Brunch at The Centre before heading over to the Fiesta. Brunch reservations are required as this popular event sells out. For more information, please contact TGIS Catering at 562-866-9771 extension 2907.
The Fiesta is Lakewood’s longest-running community event, dating back to the late 1940s. It began as a handshake between two friends and fellow Lakewood Lions Club members. Dr. Walter Montano, the former Bolivian Consul to Los Angeles, and Jesse Solter, a local schoolteacher, agreed to begin a program to foster good relations with Lakewood’s Latin American neighbors--pictured riding in a parade (right).
Today, Lakewood’s fiesta is the nation’s only community-wide celebration of Pan American culture. And it’s a great way for Lakewood residents to take part in one of the city’s traditions.