Pan Am Fiesta
Each year, the Pan Am Fiesta returns Thursday through Sunday over Mother's Day weekend to Mayfair Park in Lakewood.
- Free live concerts on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Community-group hosted food booths and food trucks sell a variety of goodies on Friday evening and all day Saturday.
- Carnival rides and games Thursday evening through Sunday! Discount tickets are available at Lakewood City Hall and at Mayfair Park.
- Over 50 arts and crafts dealers bring their wares on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Children's Cultural Booth offers kids a free, hands-on cultural experience featuring activities and arts and crafts from across the Americas from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday.
- The flag presentation ceremony of the United States and all the countries of the Americas at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday.
- Meet the Pan American Association's Ambassadors.
- See the poster and poetry contest winners.
Summary of Festival Hours
- Thursday, 5 to 9 p.m.: Discounted $2 carnival rides, plus games & concessions
- Friday, 5 to 10 p.m.: Food trucks, food booths, rides, games & concessions, live music
- Saturday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.: Food trucks, food booths, rides, games & concessions, live music
- Sunday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.: Rides, games and concessions
Pan Am Fiesta History
The Fiesta is Lakewood’s longest-running community event, dating back to the mid- 1940s.
It began as a handshake between two friends and fellow Lakewood Lions Club members. Dr. Walter Montano, the former Bolivian Consul to Los Angeles, and Jesse Solter, a local schoolteacher, agreed to begin a program to foster good relations with Lakewood’s Latin American neighbors--pictured riding in a parade (left).
Pan Am Fiesta Photo Galleries
You can browse these collections from past Fiestas: