Watch Lakewood's State of the City Annual Report Video
Lakewood's State of the City is usually a lunch time gathering of over 200 residents and business community members. Because of COVID, this year's event is a virtual one, with video presentations, including:
- The premiere showing of the city's informative Annual Report video produced by Lakewood's award-winning CityTV team.
- "State of the City" remarks from Mayor Todd Rogers.
- "State of Public Safety in Lakewood" remarks from Lakewood Sheriff's Station Captain David Sprengel.
- Welcoming remarks and introductions by Brad Crihfield (Greater Lakewood Chamber of Commerce, Board Chair) and Juan Arreola (Rotary Club of Lakewood, President).
Highlights of Mayor Rogers' remarks:
- "I would describe the State of our City as: strong, safe, supportive, and eager for the end of COVID. … Regardless of any challenges we may be experiencing at any given time, when walking, jogging, or driving through our city--or interacting with fellow residents or business owners--all of us on the City Council are constantly reminded of what a great community we have and how proud we are to call Lakewood home. I hope you feel the same way."
- Rogers addressed other important topics, including: Lakewood's focus on improving access to COVID vaccinations for residents; fulfilling the promises of Measure L for public safety enhancements and facility repairs; and continuing the Community Dialogue to build on all the good in Lakewood and make the community the safest, most welcoming place it can be, for everyone.
You can read Mayor Rogers’ full remarks at www.lakewoodcity.org/SOTCremarks.
Captain Sprengel addressed topics such as:
- Crime trends in Lakewood
- An update on body-worn cameras now being used by Deputy Sheriffs in Lakewood.
- Extra support and resources that the City of Lakewood provides that helps the Sheriff's Department do its job even better in Lakewood, and that helps the Sheriff's Department have a response time for calls in Lakewood that is faster than the county average.
You can view the complete video at www.lakewoodcity.org/SOTCvideo.
If you have any questions or comments after seeing the video, please email Service1@lakewoodcity.org or call City Hall staff at 562-866-9771, ext. 2140.