COVID testing sites in and near Lakewood
Lakewood residents have several nearby options for prompt COVID testing, including those listed below.
Be sure to check with your insurance company to see if they will fully or partially cover the cost of the test at a specific facility before making your appointment.
- The City of Long Beach runs several sites with free tests, and Lakewood residents are accepted there. The Long Beach website also includes links to CVS and Rite-Aid, which perform tests at most of their facilities by appointment.
- UrgentCare Pros is one of the few in our region to offer the FDA-approved COVID-19 Rapid Test that provides results while you wait, usually within 15-30 minutes. Tests are done on a walk-in basis; no appointments. The test costs $150, but most PPO insurance plans cover a major portion of the cost. A copay of $3 to $100 may be required, but for people who need test results rapidly, the Lakewood facility can be very helpful. For details, call 562-452-0038 or visit their website.
- Covid Clinic, located within the Lakewood Center Mall's south parking lot along Del Amo Boulevard, is expanding their no-out-of-pocket testing. Visit their website for more details.
- Hawaiian Gardens Civic Center, located at 21815 Pioneer Blvd. is offering free COVID-19 testing. View the information flyer for more details.
- In addition, the L.A. County Department of Public Health operates numerous test sites. See information on the county test sites and locations at www.covid19.lacounty.gov/testing.
Public health authorities encourage people who believe they need a test to FIRST contact their primary health care provider to see if they in fact need a test AND to see if a test is available through their provider.
Disclaimer: The City of Lakewood does not endorse any particular COVID testing facility or method, but provides this information on testing options as a public service.