Letter Writing Tips
Don’t know where to start? Here are some tips:
• Start your letter with a salutation, such as “Dear Hero” or “Dear Brave One.”
• Express your thanks for their selfless service.
• Avoid politics completely and religion in excess; however, saying you pray for them is wonderful.
• Share a little about yourself and life back home (sports, weather, family, hobbies, pets, music and movies).
• Adults: Include your contact information (mail or email) so the letter recipient may reply.
• Children: FIRST NAMES ONLY and no addresses, please. Add the child's age on drawings.
• Still can’t find the words? Consider drawing or painting a picture instead.
• Please — no glitter on cards or artwork.
• No paper larger than 8.5" x 11"
• NO ENVELOPES! Cards and letters only, please.