The City of Lakewood is offering residents a rebate of $50 per security camera device, for up to two security camera devices, per residential address.
The rebate program is offered on a first-come, first-served basis to Lakewood residents who purchase and install a security camera device (or devices) on or after March 22, 2022.
Rebates are available until program funding is expended – apply early for best opportunity at receiving a rebate. View the rebate details.
How to apply
- Apply online: Be prepared to upload photos or PDFs of your ID, utility bill, receipts, and images from the camera device.
Online Home Security Camera Rebate Form
Complete the following steps:
1. Purchase up to two security camera devices that meet the eligibility requirements detailed in the Camera Eligibility section.
2. Install the devices to the front-facing exterior of your home in a location that meets the camera angle requirements.
3. Complete the Lakewood Home Security Camera Rebate Application (online form or PDF form to be mailed in). Be sure you meet the applicant eligibility requirements.
4. Include copies (or upload copies to online form) of all of these items:
- Valid government-issued ID displaying your name and Lakewood residential address.
- Current utility bill dated registered in the name and Lakewood address as on your ID, dated within 60 days of when you submit your application.
- If renting--copy of a letter from property owner allowing device installation.
- Photo of each security camera device installed to exterior of your home.
- An image from each security camera device feed displaying the camera angle. (Note: Image must originate from the security camera device internal software.)
Each applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Reside in the City of Lakewood and have a valid government issued ID displaying your City of Lakewood residential address.
- Have a current utility bill (water, electricity, gas, phone) registered in your name to your City of Lakewood residential address, matching the Lakewood address on your valid government issued ID.
- Own or rent the City of Lakewood residence where the security camera device(s) will be installed.
NOTE: If currently renting, a signed letter from the owner of the Lakewood residential property is required expressly giving written consent to you to install the security camera device on the exterior of the residential property.
To be eligible for the $50 rebate, each security camera device must:
• Individually be equipped with a camera.
• Be a brand-new, in original packaging, non-refurbished, security camera device.
• Have a total sale price, before taxes and installation, of $100 or greater.
- Cameras must be installed on the front-facing exterior of the home prior to rebate application submission.
- Camera angle(s) must capture any of the following location(s):
- Residential front door
- Residential front driveway
- Residential front facing street
- Residential front facing yard
- To be eligible for two $50 rebates, the total sale price, before taxes and installation, must be $200 or greater, and there must be a minimum of two individual cameras.
- The maximum allowable rebate is $100 per Lakewood residential address.
- The rebate is exclusively for the cost of the security camera device(s), not including any applicable tax.
- The rebate does not include the cost for security camera device installation, additional storage space, accessories, or any cameras that are purchased but not installed on the exterior of the property, capturing any of the four eligible camera angles (see Camera Eligibility).