Family-friendly Pan Am Fiesta returns
Published on April 28, 2022
Great news! The Pan American Fiesta is returning to Mayfair Park in Lakewood with its classic mix of new attractions combined with Lakewood traditions.
Looking for a family-friendly mix of amusement rides, live music with dancing, crafts for sale, and food trucks? Then, mark your calendar for the Mother’s Day weekend of Thursday, May 5 through Sunday, May 8.
Here are some of the features of the 2022 Pan Am Fiesta:
- Food trucks and food booths, with creative and popular menus.
- Exhilarating attractions…and lots of carnival rides (for young kids all the way up to teens and adults). Thursday night is $2 ride night!
- Live music! On Friday night, see and dance to the Susie Hansen Latin Band. Saturday night features Suave The Band (playing Latin Jazz) followed by the Selena Tribute Band.
- Traditional flag presentation ceremony of the United States and all countries of the Americas.
- Children’s cultural booth and Pan Am Fiesta historical display.
- Arts and crafts dealers offering unique gifts.
Discount carnival ride tickets will be on sale at City Hall April 25 through May 4.
Pan Am Fiesta schedule
Thursday, May 5: Two-dollar carnival rides from 5 to 9 p.m.
Friday, May 6: Open 5 to 10 p.m. with food, carnival rides, and entertainment
• 5:30 –6 p.m. Latinas Art Foundation
• 7–9 p.m. Susie Hansen Latin Band
Saturday, May 7: Open 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. with food, carnival rides, craft show, cultural booths, historical display and entertainment:
• 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. Mayfair High School (Choral Performance)
• 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Children’s cultural booth and historical display
• 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Craft Show
• 12:30 – 1:15 p.m. Welcome and Pan American Association Presentation
• 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Hoku Mae’ole Polynesian Dancers (Performance)
• 4:30 – 6 p.m. SUAVE the Band (Latin Music)
• 7 – 9 p.m. Selena Tribute Band
Sunday, May 8: Carnival rides all day from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Free shuttle service on Saturday, May 7
On Saturday, May 7 from 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. a free shuttle runs every 15 minutes from Lakewood City Hall (Clark/Del Amo) east parking lot to the Pan Am Fiesta entrance.