Pan Am Fiesta
The Pan Am Fiesta returns to Mayfair Park at 5720 Clark Avenue from Thursday, May 10 to Sunday, May 13.
• Live music on Friday and Saturday nights! The popular band Stone Soul will perform on Friday night and '80s band Knyght Ryder will be on stage Saturday.
• Bring your blankets, lowback chairs and enjoy the free concerts. Bring a picnic or enjoy the expanded variety of food for sale this year. There will be additional live music throughout the day on Saturday.
• On Friday evening and all day Saturday, community group-hosted food booths and food trucks will sell pizza, tacos, pastrami and meatball sandwiches, tri-tip skewers, hot dogs and more. Food trucks include Jack's Cuisine (Mediterranean/Greek), Chronic Tacos (Mexican) and Salt N Pepper (hoagies, hot dogs and fries). Mister Coolee Ice Cream Truck and Mr. B's Kettle Corn will offer their specialty shaved ice, soft-serve ice cream and snacks.
Traditional Fiesta activities continuing this year include:
• Over 50 arts and crafts dealers bringing their wares on Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
• The Children’s Cultural Booth, where kids can have a free, hands-on cultural experience featuring activities and arts and crafts from across the Americas from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday.
• The flag presentation ceremony of the United States and all the countries of the Americas at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Discount tickets on sale at Lakewood City Hall starting April 30 and at Mayfair Park starting May 7 through Friday, May 11 at 5:00 p.m. (until 4:00 p.m. at City Hall).
• 10 tickets for $25 (one ticket good for one ride on Friday, Saturday or Sunday)
• Promotional wristband for $30 – unlimited rides on Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Event Day Prices
• Thursday - $1 rides
• Fri/Sat/Sun – Tickets are $1.25 each, $20 for 20 tickets, or $40 for 50 tickets
(With these tickets, the number of tickets required for each ride will vary.)
• Promotional Wristband for $35 – unlimited rides on Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Pan Am Fiesta hours and entertainment schedule
Thursday, May 10
5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Discounted ($1) carnival rides, plus games and concessions open
Friday, May 11
5:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Food trucks, food booths, rides, games and concessions
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Kick It Up Dance Studio7
7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Live concert: Stone Soul (Motown music)
Saturday, May 12
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Mayfair High School (choral performance)
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Official Fiesta Welcome, Presentation of the Pan American Scholarship Winners and Flag Ceremony (Boy Scout Troop 65)
1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Mae’ole Hoku Polynesian Dancers (Polynesian performance)
4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Louie Cruz Beltran (Latin Jazz)
7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Live Concert: Knyght Ryder ('80s music)
11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Over 50 arts and crafts dealers
11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Food trucks, food booths, rides, games and concessions
Sunday, May 13
11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Rides, games and concessions
On Sunday, carnival rides and games are the single focus of the day. Consider treating the family to the popular Mother’s Day Brunch at The Centre before heading over to the Fiesta. Brunch reservations are required as this popular event sells out. To purchase tickets, please visit www.lakewoodcity.org/MDbrunch. For more information, please contact TGIS Catering at 562-866-9771 extension 2907.
Summary of festival hours May 10-13 at Mayfair Park, 5720 Clark Ave
• Thursday, 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – Discounted $1 carnival rides, plus games & concessions
• Friday, 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. – Food trucks, food booths, rides, games & concessions
• Saturday, 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. – Food trucks, food booths, rides, games & concessions
• Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. – Rides, games & concessions
The Fiesta is Lakewood’s longest-running community event, dating back to the late 1940s. It began as a handshake between two friends and fellow Lakewood Lions Club members. Dr. Walter Montano, the former Bolivian Consul to Los Angeles, and Jesse Solter, a local schoolteacher, agreed to begin a program to foster good relations with Lakewood’s Latin American neighbors--pictured riding in a parade (right).
Today, Lakewood’s fiesta is the nation’s only community-wide celebration of Pan American culture. And it’s a great way for Lakewood residents to take part in one of the city’s traditions.