Lakewood recreation programs and classes run all year. There are three recreation seasons: fall, spring and summer. Each has its own catalog and signups are ongoing throughout each season.
Call 562-866-9771, extension 2408 or email us for more information or to request a printed catalog.
Programs can looked up three ways:
- Online as a large, printable PDF.
- The "eCatalog" is a convenient, searchable and sortable online sign-up system. Most customers find this is the fastest/easiest way to find and sign up for programs.
- Also, traditional printed catalogs are mailed to Lakewood households prior to each session. They are are available at most city facilities. Or, request to have one mailed to you.
Online registration begins in conjunction with the arrival of the printed catalog each season. Priority mail-in registration and online registration for Lakewood residents begins as soon as printed catalogs arrive in households. Online Class registration is easy with eCatalog. All you need to have is an account set up with us and know your Family ID# and Participant PIN#. Use the eCatalog to register for classes online any time, 7 days a week.
- Enroll online using eCatalog; you can enroll family members and yourself in your favorite classes or workshops.
- Get the latest information on class offerings and locations by using eCatalog which has the most up-to-date information on class and schedule changes.
Walk-in and phone-in registration starts soon after. Many classes begin within a few weeks.
Online registration gets good reviews from customers
Great user reviews keep coming in about the city’s new Lakewood eCatalog class sign-up system. Convenience and security have made it popular with participants. They can find a preferred class based on the park closest to home and even put themselves on a waiting list if a particular class is full.
Online registration begins before the start of each individual course, so customers can register at any time throughout a season for an upcoming program.
Register for classes 24 hours, 7 days a week, when it’s convenient for you.
- Enroll immediately. Using eCatalog, you can enroll family members and yourself immediately in your favorite classes or workshops.
- Get the latest information. eCatalog has the most up-to-date information on class and schedule changes.
eCatalog saves the community money and time
Recreation staff members encourage online registration, not only because it is easier for customers. It saves processing time and costs for the staff once needed to handle the huge volume of registrations at the beginning of each of the three recreation seasons.
eCatalog save steps needed for "paper" registration. It is an extension of the city's computerized class management system and provides secure class sign-ups online.
Of course, registrants can still mail in and walk in class registrations, but the use of the eCatalog is encouraged.
Online registration for a Lakewood recreation class begins before the start of each individual course, so you can register at any time throughout a season for upcoming programs. The eCatalog also is searchable, making finding available courses easy.
You'll need a Family ID# and Participant PIN# to order online
If you want to sign up for classes online, you can get your individual or family account set up by Recreation and Community Services. Having a personal or family account helps keep sign-ups more organized and more secure -- they even help get instructors their roll sheets.
Requesting a new account
You can set up your own eCatalog account immediately and begin registering for classes. Follow the link below to find out more about how to create your own account.
If you need to set up an account or aren’t sure if you already have an account you may do so online. If you don't remember your Family ID# and Participant PIN# prior to enrolling, contact the recreation department at 562-866-9771, extension 2408.