Lakewood’s After-School Activity ZONE is a free drop-in program for school-age children, teens and preteens. The program is offered at city parks, Monday through Friday from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Schedules flex to accommodate school holidays and vacation periods. For more information call 562-866-9771, extension 2408 or email email@example.com.
Afterschool activities include playground games, arts and crafts, homework help and organized sports leagues through the Lakewood Youth Sports Program. Most programs are free and do not require pre-registration. Some specialized activities may require a minimal materials cost.
Programs will continue through much of December with special holiday activities and schedules planned for mid-December through early January. Programs will be featured throughout the two weeks of the school holiday vacation period. Click here for the winter break activity schedule.
After-school programs are designed to be safe and secure with supervised activities. Rules of good conduct are enforced. Specialized programs introduce new skills in an upbeat atmosphere where participants share ideas with their peers.
- Recreation staff on site
- All activities supervised
- Rules of good conduct enforced
- A space to create and imagine
- Fun activities
- Specialized programs to introduce new skills
- Peer sharing and support
- Homework assistance
- Organized Indoor and outdoor games
- Sports clinics and leagues for all ages
Supervised Lakewood Parks
- 'Park Finder' at www.lakewoodcity.org/ParkFinder
- Biscailuz Park 2601 Dollar Street 562-634-3348
- Bloomfield Park 21420 Pioneer Blvd. 562-865-1717
- Bolivar Park 3300 Del Amo Blvd. 562-421-3881
- Boyar Park 6701 Del Amo Blvd. 562-925-6912
- Del Valle Park 5939 Henrilee Street 562-429-0545
- Mayfair Park 5720 Clark Ave. 562-866-4776
- Palms Park 12305 207th Street 562-865-6414
- San Martin Park 5231 Ocana Street 562-867-1090